Adjunct Faculty - Welding Inspection
Salary: $32.63 - $48.96 Hourly
Job Type: Part-Time
Job Number: FY2300269
Location: McNair Center - Baytown, TX
Division: Provost/Academic & Student Affairs
Adjunct faculty are hired in a part-time capacity on an as needed basis. These positions are filled prior to or during the start of each semester and are contingent upon the needs of the College.
Adjunct faculty must complete the Lee Training Online Certification course or provide documentation of training in distance education.
Lee College accepts application materials for adjunct employment on a continuing basis throughout the year from qualified applicants willing to teach on a part-time basis. Academic departments will contact potential applicants when there are available openings.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Teach freshman and sophomore-level Welding Inspector courses.
- Qualified applicants must be committed to student learning, integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged scholars.
- Maintain accurate student accounting records in compliance with Lee College requirements.
- Submit required student reports to the Admissions & Records Office according to schedule.
- Direct and evaluate the learning experience of the students in accordance with adopted curricula and approved procedures.
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi, outlines, and instructional materials.
- Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a need.
- Faculty members may be required to teach evening, summer, online, hybrid, dual enrollment, and/or weekend classes.
- Provide at least one scheduled office hour per week for each three-credit course in a regular 16-week semester or two scheduled office hours per week in an 8-week term. Office hours can be in-person, by telephone, or via Blackboard Collaborate. You must be available for a live conversation during scheduled office hours.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Associate (or higher) degree and at least three (3) to five (5) years of related (non-teaching) work experience or a Bachelor's degree with one (1) year of related (non-teaching) work experience.
- Must be certified by the American Welding Society (AWS).
- Must be able to relate theory and hands-on applications, cause and effect, measuring tools, metallurgy, non-destructive testing, and other related topics to students.
- Background in welding and pipefitting
- Prior online teaching experience and certification
- Blackboard Learning Management System experience
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/lee/jobs/4103516/adjunct-faculty-welding-inspection
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency